- 2 mid portions of salmon skin off
- 2 OZ (50g) couscous
- 3.4 OZ (100ml) chicken stock
- 4 tbsp. Top Mates Savory Pineapple Aussie Finishing Sauce
- extra.virgin olive oil for frying
- salt and pepper
Let’s Start cooking
- In a small pot bring the chicken stock to the boil, then remove from heat. Place the couscous in a small bowl and combine with the chicken stock. Cover with cling film and set to one side for 5 – 10 minutes. Put your fish on a cutting board and ensure that all bones have been removed from the salmon, pat dry with paper towel. Remove cling film from couscous and fluff with a fork. Add one heaped tablespoon of the Savory Pineapple Sauce to the couscous and stir through well to coat. Take half of the couscous and cover the top of one of the pieces of salmon. Using your fingers pat the couscous down onto the fish to ensure that it sticks to the fish.
- Repeat the step above for the second piece of fish. Heat a medium size frying pan over high heat with enough olive oil to cover the base of the pan. Bring to heat and then place each piece of fish couscous side down into the pan and fry until the couscous is golden.
- Reduce the heat to medium and carefully turn each piece of fish and cook for a further 5 minutes or until your fish has cooked. Your fish is cooked when you can easily part if with a butter knife, it should still be a little translucent in the middle so that it remains lovely and moist. Just before you remove your fish from the pan place the remaining Savory Pineapple Sauce in a small bowl and microwave on high for 40 seconds. Place each piece of the salmon on a serving plate couscous side up and then drizzle the salmon with the heated jam.
- Serving suggestion – I would serve this with a wonderfully crisp Asian salad.
Recipe By Tanya Bartolini