Here is a simple and easy way to serve absolutely delicious baked ham and with our signature Savory Cherry Finishing Sauce your guests will think you’re a gourmet chef. The cherries, pineapple, spices and mustard in the sauce will transform this meal. We prefer to use a Weber with charcoal, however this can be done in the oven or on a gas BBQ (see notes at the end).
- A cooked 5 - 6kg leg ham
- Top Mates Savory Cherry Aussie Finishing Sauce
- Using a sharp knife, cut the rind around the ham and down the middle so its free on all sides, making sure to cut through the rind to the fat.
- Place the ham on the Weber BBQ over a medium heat, use a drip tray. Cook with the lid on for 45mins, or until there is a 2 1/2 cm gap in the rind on the top of of the ham.
- Remove the rind from the ham and then score the fat in a criss-cross fashion to make squares approx 2.5cm.
- Cook with the lid on for 10mins.
- Glaze the Ham with Cherry Sauce, spreading liberally over the top of the ham.
- Place 2 hickory smoking chips into the coals, 1 on each side.
- Replace the lid and cook for additional 20mins.
- Spoon out the remaining Savory Cherry Sauce into a nice bowl for serving on the table, allowing 1 full teaspoon per person.
- Remove from the BBQ and slice and serve up an easy and delicious Ham.
- Use Top Mates Savory Cherry Aussie Finishing Sauce to make this meal incredible and have people congratulating you as a gourmet chef!
- If using a conventional gas BBQ follow the above method (with the BBQ lid on) and place the smoking chips inside a smoking box after the Ham has cooked for 45mins.
- If using an Oven, have the oven temp at 390 def F (200 degrees C) and follow steps above without the smoking chips.