You may have thought our Top Mates Apple & Mint Aussie Finishing Sauce was only amazing with Lamb; think again.. as the combination of apple, mint and rosemary is a delicious partner with Halloumi and watermelon.
- 2 packets of Halloumi cheese, we used (Lemnos Organic)
- 2 slices of watermelon
- 1 spring of mint leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Top Mates Apple & Mint Aussie Finishing Sauce (1 heaped teaspoon per person)
Let’s start cooking
- Slice the Halloumi into strips or use a cookie cutter for your desired shape. Chop watermelon into fine pieces.
- Lightly coat the Halloumi with olive oil; this stops the cheese sticking to the grill.
- Place the Halloumi on a cold griddle pan then heat griddle pan on medium heat. Cook for 3-5 minutes on each side (checking to make sure you don;t burn the Halloumi.
- Place Halloumi on plates, spoon the chopped watermelon onto the Haloumi, apply a generous serving of Top Mates Apple & Mint Aussie Finishing Sauce. Garnish with fresh mint.
- Enjoy as a delicious entrée with friends.
- This recipe also works very well with all of Top Mates Aussie Finishing Sauces - let us know which you prefer - we'd love to hear from you!