- 1 chorizo, sliced thinly on the diagonal
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 28 OZ (2x400g) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 heaped tbsp. Top Mates Caramelized Garlic Aussie Finishing Sauce
- 18 OZ (500g) linguine
- 12.5 OZ (350g) green prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1 handful parsley, roughly chopped
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, for seasoning
Let’s start cooking
- Place a large pot of water onto your stovetop on high heat and bring to the boil. Once your pasta water is boiling season the water with 1 tablespoon of salt and then add the pasta to the water. Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Heat a large frying pan (preferably with high sides) on high heat. Reduce heat to medium and add a tablespoon of olive oil along with garlic and chorizo to the pan. Cook the chorizo and garlic for a couple of minutes, stirring constantly and keeping a close watch to ensure the garlic does not burn and then add the Top Mates Caramelized Garlic Sauce, cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, chicken stock and a good seasoning of salt and pepper to the pan and reduce heat to low. Cook the sauce for 5 minutes and then add the prawns, stir constantly and cook for a further 2 – 3 minutes or just until the prawns are cooked through. Once the pasta is cooked, (this should take about 15 minutes) drain and then transfer to the pan with the sauce. Stir well ensuring that the sauce thoroughly coats each strand of pasta.
- Transfer to serving bowls and then add a sprinkling of parsley to each bowl.
Recipe by Tanya Bartolini